With the talks about content marketing spilling onto every square inch of the Internet, it’s hard to escape hearing about it these days. And why not? If you’re looking to grow your business online (frankly, who isn’t at this point?), you can’t afford to give content marketing a miss.
Yet, when it comes to creating content, many business owners seem too caught up in their core business activities to invest time and resources in content creation. While we do admit that creating content of real value is not an overnight job, the fact is: it’s totally worth the effort.
In fact, a solid content strategy is not just the backbone of your online business model but is even integral to your brick-and-mortar presence in this day and age when the lines between online and offline business are fast blurring.
That said, here are three benefits of content creation, ignoring which will do your business a huge disservice!
- Make people aware that your brand exists.
You may have an excellent product to sell or you may be offering a solution that fits perfectly with the needs of your clients, but that’s not enough to grow your business unless people know you exist. Crafting engaging and relevant content and distributing it on channels where your customers and prospects are most likely to be present—blogs, social media, forums, community discussions, and so on—is the best way to make sure your brand is heard, seen, and noticed. Plus, Google puts a lot of emphasis on good content to make it easier for people to find your business online.
YES! I WANT MORE TRAFFIC
- Boost your customer service and sales.
Content creation adds wide-ranging benefits to your sales and customer-service process in a number of ways. Here are some of them.
- Content that clearly spells out the unique benefits of your products succeeds in convincing your prospects into taking some form of action and helps them convert into paying customers, and even turns customers into repeat buyers.
- Modern customers are less patient when it comes to making purchase decisions and they don’t prefer long drawn-out sales processes. Providing educative and relevant content at every step of the buying process can steer them toward the most important information they need to make a smart and well-informed choices faster.
- In-depth content material like white papers, e-books, FAQs, etc. help to identify, address, and solve your customer’s problems. When they are able to answer their own concerns, it reduces the need for them to make repeat enquiries—a factor that many customers today consider a sign of poor customer service.
- Build trust and customer relationships.
Publishing good content on a regular basis can establish your brand as a thought-leader in the industry you operate in. How? When your content discusses various issues related to your industry consistently over a period of time, it positions your brand as a reputed and credible resource in the market. This helps you earn people’s trust and gives your customers enough confidence to do business with you. Not only that, when you produce content that people like and share via social networks, it generates powerful word-of-mouth benefits for your business.
Content creation is a big commitment, and one that’s not easily achieved. But there’s something you can be sure of—if done right, it can be your success formula for garnering maximum online visibility and business growth.
Get in touch with the local web design experts in Warrnambool at WestVic Web today if you have any questions, queries or concerns about starting a blog for you business. We can share our insider blogging tips, techniques, tools & strategies to help turn your website blog into a powerful online channel.