There are a lot of factors to consider when choosing a domain name for your website. One thing that you may not have considered is whether or not to include numbers in your domain.
In this blog post, we will discuss the pros and cons of using numbers in your domain name. We will also give you some tips on how to choose the best domain name for your business.
What is a domain name?
A domain name is the web address that people will use to access your website. For example, our domain name is westvicweb.com.
When choosing a domain name, you want to choose something that is easy to remember and spell. You also want to make sure that your domain name is relevant to your business or website.
Should you use numbers in your domain name?
There are both pros and cons to using numbers in your domain name.
One pro is that it can make your domain name more unique. Numbers can also help people remember your domain name more easily.
On the other hand, some people may have trouble remembering a domain name with numbers in it. If you do choose to use numbers in your domain, we recommend using spelled-out numbers (such as “two” instead of “02”) to make it easier for people to remember.
Still not sure if using numbers in your domain name is right for you? Let’s take a look at some more pros and cons:
- Can make your domain name more unique
- Numbers can help people remember your domain name more easily
- If your brand contains numbers, it makes sense to include these in your domain
- Number symbols are (obviously) shorter than spelling out the word
- Some people may have trouble remembering a domain name with numbers in it
- Customers might be unsure if they should use the number or spell out the entire word
- Numbers can make your domain name look less professional
Here are some tips for choosing the best domain name:
- Keep it short and simple
- Use relevant keywords
- Make it easy to spell and pronounce
- Avoid using hyphens or symbols
- Consider your target audience
Now that you know the pros and cons of using numbers in your domain name, you can make an informed decision about whether or not to use them in your own domain.
If you are still having trouble choosing the perfect domain name, our team of web design and web hosting experts in Warrnambool can help! Contact us today to get started.